Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Mahomet 5K Race Time Prediction

I'll be running the Mahomet 5K race this Saturday. It's my local race. I've run it many times (it was my first race I ever ran--25+ years ago). What is my expected finish time this year? Here are my race times for the last 5 years:

  • 2025 = 24:52
  • 2024 = 22:47
  • 2023 = 22:28
  • 2022 = 22:20
  • 2021 = 23:30
Last year (2025) I was still recovering from pneumonia. It was an anomaly. Here are predicted times based on my current running data and software:
  • Runalyze = 25:53
  • Amazfit (GPS watch) = 22:45 
  • Stryd run pod = 21:48
Recent 5K race times:
  • Parkrun on July 25 = 23:49
  • Parkrun on July 18 = 26:00 (very hot)
  • Parkrun on June 27 = 23:55 
Based on the above statistics and my gut feeling, I think Amazfit is close to the correct prediction. I think I can run around 22:45. Probably a littler slower since hilly course and will be warm and rainy on Saturday morning. My prediction is 23:00. I'll do much better than last year (24:52) but not quite as good as in 2024 (22:47). We'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment