Saturday, December 8, 2007

Da Deer Run Run


Finished the Deer Run 8K cross country race this morning in cold and windy conditions over snowy and icy trails...and hurdles. 36:14. 7th place overall. 2nd in age group. Not the best time, but a fantastic placing for me. And I beat my new nemesi: Pat & Lucas. My brand new New Balance 790 trail racing shoes were awesome! (See photo above.) This is now my "go to" shoe for trails. Mizuno Revolvers for the roads and these NB 790s for the trails. They are extremely light weight (6.6 oz) and low to the ground. Reasonable traction and they claim to have a rock guard to prevent foot bruises from rocks and roots on the trail. A fellow buffalo (Tracy) told me about them a month ago and I finally bought them for $50 on the web.

At the post-race raffle, I won some kind of Brooks technical shirt (in size small) and traded Gregg for a Panera certificate good for 12 loaves of bread through 2008. I assume the shirt will go to Lucas...Gregg won't fit in a small shirt. I'm ready to continue a bit more fast treadmill running in preparation for the Siberian Express trail race on January 5, 2008. Lucas & Pat better watch out.

No comments: