Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sore Calf on Clinton Trail

Just got back from running the Clinton trail with Jorge from Chicago area. Becky and Jack ran well ahead of us. Bill was doing two loops and started earlier than us. Jorge and I ran the flats and walked the hills. We finished in just over 2 hours. Not bad for a guy with an injured calf. After breakfast the calf muscle was even more sore and tight. I'll need to take it easy for a while. Gregg and I may walk/jog the trail Sunday morning. I'll take Becky's advice and wrap the calf to keep it warm and provide some support. The trail is in nice shape even after yesterday's rain. Just a few slippery spots. I can't wait until we have our first official race training run on January 12. I should be injury free by then and we'll get a big group for that first run. Looks like next weekend's Siberian Express race will be a slow and fun one with the buffalo rum runners. I won't be racing anyone.

I had a great time running with the newbie (Jorge). If anyone is registered for the race and wants to do a training run, let me know. The buffalo runners are at Clinton a lot and I'm happy to run almost anytime. I love running the trail with new folks. That's why I started the race--to show off my favorite area trail!

No comments: