Thursday, April 10, 2008

Off to McNaughton Park

I'm heading out to Pekin and McNaughton Park tomorrow morning (Friday for the early start). I plan on starting at Noon with the 150 mile runners so I can take it easy and essentially turn it into a three-day stage race (Fri-Sat-Sun). The weather looks terrible...windy, rainy, and cold. The nights are going to be below freezing! Hopefully my next blog entry (Sunday or Monday) will be about my finish. Good luck to all the participants...50, 100, and 150 mile racers. Looks like there will be a lot of us:

150 milers = 53
100 milers = 60
50 milers = 107

This is one BIG race. Best of luck to Andy the RD--I hope everything goes smoothly for him and his volunteers. I hope that anyone still in the running for the IL Trail Ultra Grand Slam finishes McNaughton. I'll update the Slam list a couple days after the race so people can see who's left.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've created a blog posting about the Slam. I'm keeping a spreadsheet updated that can be linked from this posting.

http://briangaines.blogspot.com/2008/04/illinois-trail-ultra-grand-slam.html

Good luck this weekend. We'll see ya out there.

Brian

Chris Ⓥ said...

Excellent! One thing I noticed in your spreadsheet, you have the time and place, but the placing used for the Slam is for their place within the M/F category. You are using overall place rather than considering sex. I sure like your table though. I need to keep the complete roster on our slam page to show how many started and are still going--yours is more succinct.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

Actually, the time and place is only for the specific race, not the Slam overall. I think this will be more evident after this weekend at McNaughton, when each get times and different places will be applied. I can see where the placing might confuse you since there's no context.