Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back to Training

Rock Cut Hobo 50K is over and it's time to get back to regular training. Farmdale 33 miler is less than 3 weeks away! I took yesterday off from any activity--although I sure did eat a LOT. Does mass eating count as cross training? I ran 3 miles this morning on the treadmill at MAP pace (113-133 HR). It felt good. I managed a pace of just under 9:20/mile and even though I was stiff and achy, it felt good to loosen up the legs. I felt better after the run then before I started. That's a good sign I'm recovering well from Hobo. No injuries either.

Here are my basic stats for today's run:
1/2 mile warm-up walk
2 miles at 9:17 pace (127 Avg HR)
1/2 mile cool down walk

The rest of the week looks like this:
Wednesday: 2 mile walk
Thursday: 4 miles with 2 at SAP pace (143-163 HR)
Friday: Cross training or off
Saturday: 12 miles at MEP pace (133-143 HR)
Sunday: 5 miles easy (113-133 HR)

No comments: