Friday, October 31, 2008

Blog Passes One Year Anniversary

Halloween isn't that scary, but the fact that I've now been blogging for just over a year is a bit scary! This blog started at 4:03pm on October 20, 2007. I actually missed the one year anniversary since I was in Kentucky with no access to a computer. Oh well (insert your own KY joke). I didn't start tracking my hits until just before race day in March 2008. I seem to get about 30 visits per day. From March 2008, the total is almost 9,000 visits with over 14,000 page views. So far, I've had visitors from all 50 states and 55 countries. Pretty cool.

You never know how long a blog will survive. I doubt many last very long. It's easy to get distracted or bored. I figure I'll keep blogging at least as long as I'm still directing the Clinton Lake ultra. Or the Illinois Trail Ultra Grand Slam. And maybe as long as I am still running. That could be a long time. Thanks for reading. I get a kick out of the various comments some posts receive. Keep reading and keep commenting.

2 comments:

704Studio said...

Chris,

It was nice to meet you on the trails at Farmdale. Talking with you at the beginning of the 3rd loop helped me survive probably the toughest part of the race for me - thanks!

Yesterday on my long run I decided I am going to train for 2 ultras next year, Clinton Lake, and a 50 miler in July or August. I am not sure which 50 miler yet, do you know of any good ones during that time period?

Hope you have recovered from all the slam races, and the impressive 7 day trail race at Mahomet - you have had quite a year!

James W

Chris Ⓥ said...

Good job finishing that final loop--you kicked my butt the last 8 miles or so! Glad you are running Clinton Lake next year. I'll have registration up fairly soon (7-10 days). In terms of 50 milers in July or August, I don't know of any (except Howl at the Moon which is an 8-hour event--you could do 50 miles there!). Check out the Ultra Running magazine race calendar for good race listings:

http://www.ultrarunning.com/