Thursday, April 23, 2009

ASPCA Fund Raising

After running in memory of my sister yesterday, I feel compelled to run for a charity. Yesterday I ran 47 miles and donated 47 dollars to the local Champaign County Humane Society. It felt good. Time to ramp it up a bit...

I am now an American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) Ambassador! Not sure if that gives me diplomatic immunity, but it does give me a venue for helping animals. To better inspire me to run during the Buffalo Trace 7-Day Stage Race, I have decided to raise funds for the ASPCA. I've never done this before and I could use your help. Feel free to click on my personal ASPCA fund raising page to donate whatever you feel comfortable with--it's all for a good cause and it is tax deductible. Help the animals while helping me reach my fund raising goal. Thanks in advance! I have added a link to the top left of my blog page too. And the Buffalo Trace 7-Day Stage Race web page has a link as well. Whatever reminds you (and me) to donate to the ASPCA. Together we can make a difference in the lives of animals...and maybe motivate me to "run for a higher cause" during the 7-day race.

NOTE: If you decide to contribute, you are not pledging a certain amount per mile. You simply donate a set dollar amount (I'm trying to raise $303 total to match the miles I ran last year in the 7-day event).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,
I'm in for $20.00 but only if you let me run a few miles with you.
Do you know when the Howl Registration opens?
Thanks,
Z

Chris Ⓥ said...

Thanks. Howl paper registration is already open (got their newsletter yesterday). The online is supposed to open tomorrow (Saturday). I'll be at Howl too!