Friday, May 1, 2009

2009 Buffalo Trace 7-Day Stage Race

Hard to believe another year has gone by and it's time again for the Buffalo Trace 7-Day Stage Race. I, and hopefully a few friends, will be running for 7 days (May 24-30) at the Lake of the Woods trails in Mahomet, IL. It's a low-key, informal event designed to answer the immortal question, "How far could I go in one full week of hard running?" Last year my answer was 303 miles. Not too shabby. My goal this year is at least 304 miles.

In addition to challenging myself to set a week-long running PR, I am trying to raise money for the ASPCA. Feel free to check out my ASPCA fund raising page. You do not need to donate to participate in the stage race. In fact, the whole event is free! Of course, you get nothing in return for that zero entrance fee--this is a completely self-supported event. I'll bring a 5-gallon cooler of water and a chair. You are welcome to them. Everything else is do-it-yourself.

If you are interested in participating, please read through the race web site. If you are still interested after understanding what this event is (and what it is not), send me a note and I'll add you to the participant list for this year. How far can you go?

No comments: