Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2010 Running Goals

No rationale, just my 2010 running goals...short, sweet, and measurable:
  • Qualify for Boston Marathon
  • Run a 50K in Vibram FiveFinger shoes
  • Finish the Canadian Death Race
  • Run 50 miles at Howl at the Moon 8-Hour
  • Break 19:00 for a 5K
I think all of these are reachable goals. Right now, I am ending 2009 and starting 2010 injury-free and running well. In just 3 weeks I have already made progress on my Friday treadmill test runs. This week the Friday run will be moved to Saturday morning (gym closed on New Year's Day). Hope the steady progress continues...all the way through 2010! Happy new year to everyone. May all your running dreams be realized.

NOTE: Jeff's progress update for this week is shorter than normal: "Weight is 234...holding steady for the holidays."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Goals - we look forward to reading about your accomplishments.......are you running any Dances with Dirt this year?

Chris Ⓥ said...

I'm skipping the Florida swamp race, but I will definitely do Gnaw Bone again. Not sure about Devils Lake or Hell.

Chris Ⓥ said...

PS...my planned 2010 races are now posted on the left side bar. I only list the marathon & beyond races...I'll throw in a some short ones too.