Friday, January 15, 2010

Test Run #6

I was pleased this morning when I took my resting heart rate, but when I started my test run, it felt harder than normal.  My overall statistics confirm my intuition:

Friday, January 15, 2010
3 miles @ 8:00 pace
Avg HR = 151 (+5 beats)
Peak HR = 160 (+5 beats)
Resting HR = 51 (-2 beats)
Weight = 168 (-2 pounds)

Two improvements and two declines.  So, what's up?  Having the lower resting heart rate seems to indicate I am well-rested.  Weight being down is OK, but I'm sure that will be back to what seems to be my "new normal" weight of 170 soon.  That's fine.  I don't like the peak and average HR being 5 beats higher.  It might be connected to me taking 2 days off this week (Monday & Wednesday).  Monday is my wild card day where I can do anything--cross training, nothing, speed, easy, whatever.  Wednesday is supposed to be some form of speed work.  I took them both completely off.  If you combine that with my two very easy jogs with Jeff on Tuesday/Thursday, then I really didn't run this week!  I think my body was too rested and not used to running.  I'm confident I'll bounce right back and bring my stats down next week.

If you want to track my test run postings, you can simply click on the "test run" label tag at the bottom of this post. It'll bring up all my test run blog posts.

NOTE:  I don't have an update from Jeff this week.  He's supposed to report weight, waist size, and general comments each Tuesday.  I told him to post the updates to his new blog instead of sending them to me.

No comments: