Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Some Days Just Suck

Have you noticed that some days just suck?  This morning's run was slow and sucky.  I finished it, but my heart rate kept pushing the top end of "easy" according to my HR monitor.  Slow down.  Slow down.  Geez, I was only going around 9:00 pace, even a bit slower at times.  Then I come to work and have a survey go out to all graduating seniors at our big University...it comes from me, but on behalf of the Chancellor...yikes that's stressful!  Then one of my best employees tells me she is leaving the country and will need to resign her position in May.  Holy cow. When it rains, it pours.  Some days never seem to end. 

The upside...
  • I already have over 600 responses from graduating seniors...in less than 3 hours.
  • My running may be slow, but it's pain-free and steady.
  • I may have a candidate to fill the soon-to-be vacated position in my unit.
  • It's 50 degrees and sunny outside.
  • My degu is happy sunning himself.

The world isn't too bad.  Tomorrow is another day...and it's a buffalo Thursday!  One more group tempo run on the trails.

2 comments:

Kelsey: the Blonde Bullet said...

Good job for listing the upsides! I'm sorry you had such a bad day. But hey that means that tomorrow can only be better...right? ...Or is that too cliche? Ya, some days are just sucky.

Chris Ⓥ said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Things have already started to turn better.