Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful to Be a Runner

Happy Thanksgiving to all the runners out there!  It's great be a runner and today is a perfect day to give thanks for our health and vitality. How many people can wake up and go for a trail run every single day? We are special people. So we should pause and appreciate our fitness. I'm also thankful for my beautiful wife, silly degus, fat gerbils, and grumpy hamster. And yesterday my new REI running pants arrived from their clearance sale. Ran in them this morning and they are fantastic!  I have everything I need...and most everything I want. I'm spoiled. And thankful.

Today marks day #1 of my new 100-day running streak. I hope this will motivate me to run throughout the winter and be ready to race in the spring. Hopefully a few fellow buffalo runners will join me. Several have committed to it...others have mocked the challenge as unhealthy and a recipe for injuries. We shall see.  Day 1 down, 99 to go!

No comments: