Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Answer is 42

The running streak has hit a milestone...42. It's the ultimate answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. 42. It's what you get if you multiply 6 x 9.

You did know the answer to life, the universe, and everything was 42, right? Just type "the answer to life the universe and everything" into Google search and see what you get. I ain't making this stuff up. I've made it 42 days and that means something!  Specifically, it means I only have 58 more days to complete the 100-day run streak. Special thanks to Douglas Adams and "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" for the inspiration for this post.

4 comments:

Ragfield said...

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=6*9

Chris Ⓥ said...

Not according to the book/movie...

"What do you get if you multiply six by nine?"

"Six by nine. Forty two.
That's it. That's all there is.
I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe."

Chris Ⓥ said...

Rob,

Wolfram alpha search also gets the answer to life:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=the+answer+to+life+the+universe+and+everything

Ragfield said...

I retract my earlier comment.