Friday, January 22, 2016

Sick and Tired of Being Sick

It's been about 3 weeks and I'm still struggling with a cold. Not the worst thing ever, but slight chest congestion, coughing, and runny nose. No fever or aches and pains. I'm really tired of this "being sick" thing. I suppose it's better than having a running injury, but it still sucks. At first I ran through the first week+ of illness. Nothing changed. So I took a full week off from running. No change. Now I'm back to short and easy runs. No change...yet. My Hanson training program for the Illinois Half-Marathon (April 30) begins next week. Doubt I'll be ready to tackle intervals and tempo runs, but maybe the following week I'll be able to step it up a notch. I still have hope. And it's "only" a half-marathon. I'll be ready. My real goal is the July 31 Jack & Jill Downhill Marathon for a BQ attempt. I must be ready for that race!

No comments: