Sunday, March 6, 2016

Trails Are Better


Here's a little secret I want to share...running on trails is better. Better than anything. Treadmills are probably better than sitting on the couch. And roads are certainly better than treadmills. But trails are much better than roads. Nothing beats a good trail run. I've known this for years, but lately I've gotten caught up in training for a road half-marathon. That meant more speed workouts, more treadmill and road runs, and less long trail runs with friends. Today, I ran one of my favorite local trails--the 10-mile north fork Clinton Lake trail. It's the home of the Clinton Lake 30-Mile Trail Race (my baby). It was perfect.

Find a trail in your area and run it. Then find a trail race in your area and race it. You can thank me later. Note to self: Don't sign up for road races. Stick to trails. The longer the better.

No comments: