Tuesday, December 26, 2017

180 Running Books

Thanks to Santa, three new running books brought my total number of running books to 180. Dang, that's a lot! You can see them at my personal Library Thing link (most with ratings): http://www.librarything.com/catalog/ultrarunner

My latest three from Christmas are:

So far, I've only read about 30 pages of each book. All three seem good, but the Craig Virgin one is really interesting as an Illinois runner. He grew up in a small town in southern Illinois and went to college at the University of Illinois. He was a Big Ten, NCAA, and world cross country champion. And he trained at Lake of the Woods trails just a few miles from the university--my local trail system. Now when I run those same trails, I can imagine training like a world-class runner! I think 2018 is going to be a great running year for me. 

No comments: