Tuesday, December 12, 2017

I'm Not a (Run) Streaker

I'm not a run streaker.

I want to be a streaker, but I just don't have the drive and motivation. My passion waivers as soon as I'm tired or sick. Guess that means I don't actually have the passion. Or the dedication or commitment. Something is missing. Still, wouldn't it be cool to run every day? For a year or more! Best I've done is just over three months. 100+ days. Pretty good for me...but not really a streaker. I tried again this Thanksgiving, but my streak ended yesterday at 27 days. I suppose 27 is sorta like an ultra streak (more than 26.2 days). In reality, it was nothing special. That's OK. I'm not a streaker. I'm still a runner. That's enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still a nice effort though!

Chris Ⓥ said...

Thanks. The real challenge is to just keep running regularly each week, month, year. I looked at my 2017 running log online and my longest "non-running streak" was 3 days. And that was last week. I'm doing fine.