Sunday, August 26, 2018

Week 4 McMillan Training: Failure

I knew I wouldn't last 10 weeks in a systematic training program. I sure thought I'd last more than 4 weeks! Well, 3.5 weeks and I'm done. I failed. This was even a step-back rest week with shorter miles. I still failed. I ran Tuesday (easy) and Friday (speed). No long run and no second easy run. I did 2 of 4 runs for the week. And I skipped the all important long run. Oh well. I'm feeling fine. Ready to continue running this week and ramp it up a bit. Maybe even call it "training," but it won't be a real program. Or maybe it will be _the_ real program. Mine. Live and learn. Failure is almost always encountered on the way to success.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Chris, I hear you. This fall season training has gone a similar way for me. Still training for my fall races, but most if not all are turning into easy runs. I am still looking for the correct plan to follow. BTW: Nice blog

Chris Ⓥ said...

Thanks Carlos. I have a series of 5ks and half-marathons coming up. Not quite ready for them, but I'll get better with each effort. Race myself into shape!