Tuesday, October 30, 2018

3 Races Down, 1 to Go

Over the last 4 weeks I've run 3 races (5K, half-marathon, 5K). Now I have one more race to finish my self-imposed series. I'll do the Indianapolis Monumental half-marathon on Saturday. Not sure I'm ready, but the race is here. At least I'm not injured like last year at this time (fall on a dark morning run leading to hand/wrist and knee injury). I'm healthy, uninjured, and training OK. Not great, but OK. I think that is improvement from last year! Unfortunately, my lead-up race times are worse than last year. Here is a quick comparison of 2017 vs 2018 on my races leading up to Monumental (I didn't do the extra 5K before Fort Ben last year so I'm leaving it out of this chart):

Year
Half at Fort Ben
IMP 5K
Monumental Half
2017
1:51:26
20:04
1:41:12
2018
1:53:13
20:19
?

Based on this table, the prediction for Monumental would be something like 1:43. Not bad...but I want better. So, how fast can I run the Monumental half-marathon? I'm planning on a 1:39:59 finish (7:38 pace per mile). A bit optimistic, but doable. I think. I hope. We shall see. 

No comments: