Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Running Goal Check-In (9/12 months)

It's the end of September so not a bad time to check-in on my running goals for the year. Nine months done. Only three months to go. Am I on track? I should be 75% done with them. Here is the blog post with those original targets "Running Goals for 2026." 

  • 25 all-time completed Parkruns. ✅Done already! Have finished 29 so far. Hope to complete a few more this year. 
  • Run one ultramarathon. ❌Nope. I have DNS and DNF. None completed. Have one this weekend, but doubt I'll finish the full 28 miles. Still have the Winter Solstice ultra. Maybe?
  • Run 1,200 miles. ❌To be on track, I should have 840 miles as of now. Only have 649 miles. Yikes. Not great. I'll have to really ramp things up in the next 3 months. Probably not going to happen. 
  • Break 22:00 for a 5K. ✅Yes, I ran 21:53 at the Kirby Derby 5k race! Would still like to break 22:00 at a Parkrun 5K. With cooler weather, it might be possible!
  • Join local running club and run one of their races. ✅Yep, joined Second Wind and Kennekuk and did the Howl at the moon ultra. Signed up for Allerton trail race too. Two clubs and 2 club races. Overachiever! 
  • Go to the gym 50 times. ✅I have 40 visits to the gym right now and this is the 40th week of the year. On track! Think I can easily exceed 50 trips to the gym. 
I have completed 3 of my 6 goals already, and on track for a fourth goal. The other two look unlikely. If I can crush 4/6 goals, I'd be happy for this year. Can I get 5? Or all 6? 

No comments: