Tuesday, March 17, 2020

My Other April Marathon is Cancelled

After the Illinois Marathon postponed their race to "sometime later in the year," I still had the Spring Chance to BQ.2 marathon on April 18 in Geneva, IL. Not anymore. It has been cancelled. We can transfer our registration to their fall marathon or next year's April event. I'll likely try the 2021 event. Right now, I am registered for two fall half-marathon races, plus the rescheduled Illinois race. Nothing in spring or summer. Wonder when races will resume. May? June? July? August? The one race I'd really like to run is the Howl at the Moon 8-hour event in mid-August. Until then, I'm cool with no races. It allows me to "just run" and be healthy. Probably better for my training to focus on running and not racing. Less pressure. More fun. Running tends to boost your immune system, so it's good for fighting colds, flu, and COVID-19. Of course, extreme training and racing can temporarily suppress your immune system. I'm practicing mostly easy aerobic running. No stress.

When there is no racing, enjoy your running. Appreciate your health.

No comments: