Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mahomet "Run for the Library" 5K

This morning I ran my first 5K in about 3 years. Finished in 19:20 (6:13 pace)--good enough for 14th place overall and 3rd in age group (40-49). I tried to keep in contact with fellow buffalo Ken, but he kept 10-20 seconds ahead of me for the whole race. Ken finished in 19:01. I'm sure he'll break 19 at Jingle Bell 5K next month. I was very happy with breaking 20:00. I guess treadmills are OK--maybe even good--for short fast speed work. Now I have the Deer Run 8K trail run on December 8. I hope to break 35:00. Maybe I can do 34:00? No matter. That'll be my last race of the year. Short, long, road, trail...I'm ready for some good old fashioned trail running for the rest of the year...not racing. Thanksgiving break should see me back at Clinton Lake trail 2-3 times in a week. Some ChiADeads are coming down on Sunday, Nov 25 to run the trail. Should be fun!

No comments: