Thursday, November 1, 2007

Treadmills suck

I've decided that treadmills suck. I signed up for two short races (Run for the Library 5K & Da Deer Run Run 8K) and figured I should do some speedwork. Off to the gym and treadmill. I ran 3 miles at 6:58 pace and it hurt. I suppose that's the idea. Maybe it'll be easier next time. Unfortunately, the 5K is on November 17 and the 8K is on December 8. Not much time to develop that speed! I have reachable goals for both races--break 20:00 for the road 5K (my "coach" Jeff gave me that goal) and break 35:00 for the 8K trail run (I gave myself that goal).

I'm a distance trail runner. Running inside on a treadmill for short distances doesn't seem right. We'll see if it pays off after these two races. Then back to trail ultramarathons. Unless I do really well...

No comments: