Friday, November 2, 2007

Olympic Marathon Trials

The Olympic marathon trials are tomorrow morning in NYC at 6:30am (central time). NBC will cover some on TV, the rest on the web. A lot of people think this year is finally a return to greatness for American marathoners. The qualifying field is pretty darn strong. LetsRun (the best single source for running news on the web) has a contest to pick the top 10 finishers. Grand prize is $100,000 if you alone pick the top 10 in the correct order! If I win, I'll donate a bunch to the Clinton Lake ultra. My top three are:

1. Abdi Abdirahman
2. Khalid Khannouchi
3. Ryan Hall

I have Meb Keflezighi as my 4th--if one of the above drops, he'll swoop in for a top 3 finish. I'll report back tomorrow after the trials. If nothing else, we should get three top notch finishers that can compete in Beijing next year.

No comments: