Sunday, February 17, 2008

20 Miler at Clinton

I'm getting sick of the cold, the wind, the rain, the snow, the sloppy trails. Unfortunately, I'm also getting sick of the indoor workouts. I can only do so much on the treadmill and elliptical machines. Fortunately, we have a nice training run coming up. Saturday (February 23) we have a 20-mile training run at Clinton Lake trail (8am start from the canoe access lot). I'm looking forward to hitting the trail again. Last time I was at Clinton about 2 weeks ago, there were over 8 inches of snow on the trail! This week looks like another wet one, but hopefully only an inch or two of snow. Feel free to join the buffalo on their march toward the Clinton Lake race. The group leaves from the Champaign Home Depot around 7:20am. Or just meet at the trail at 8am. Two loops will leave you hungry. Bring some snacks and be ready for a trip to the Farmer City cafe afterwards.

No comments: