Thursday, March 6, 2008

Land Between the Lakes

The Land Between the Lakes trail runs are being held Saturday down in western Kentucky. There is a 23K, marathon, 60K, and 50 mile race. The course is really nice as it winds between Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake. Good views and nice rolling hills. A bunch of buffalo runners from Champaign will be there. I've done the 60K before and enjoyed it, but I decided to stay home and just run the local trails this time. Based on the weather forecast, looks like I made the right decision. KY will have several inches of snow while central Illinois will be mostly clear! Jeff kept telling me "Come down with us and enjoy some warmer weather and trails without snow and ice." Yeah, right. I hope all my friends have a good time at LBL--it's a great event and Steve does a nice job as race director. If the race was in Illinois, it would be part of the Grand Slam.

No comments: