Saturday, January 2, 2010

Test Run #4


Another test run moved from Friday morning to Saturday due to the holiday season. Next week I'll be back on track with regular Friday morning test runs. To see the blog post that started all this "test run" nonsense, click here. For the first test run of 2010, I am very pleased. Here are the results:


Saturday, January 2, 2010
3 miles @ 8:00 pace
Average HR = 148 (-1 beat)
Peak HR = 159 (zero change)
Resting HR = 53 (-2 beats)
Weight = 170 (zero change)



No negative (red text) results! Resting heart rate and average running HR improved slightly, while weight and peak running HR stayed the same. I have tried to watch what I'm eating...and how much I'm eating... so the weight remaining the same during the holidays has been a good sign. I've run everyday, but nothing long. Once I start ramping up the long runs (and total weekly mileage), I hope to see these statistics all improving at a steady clip.

No comments: