Friday, February 19, 2010

Test Run #10

Here are my stats for today's weekly test run...

Friday, February 19, 2010
3 miles @ 8:00 pace
(Changes from last week and then back to my initial baseline run)
Avg HR = 144 (-1 beats, -11 beats)
Peak HR = 153 (-2 beats, -12 beats)
Resting HR = 58 (+7 beats, +4 beats)
Weight = 173 (+4 pounds, -1 pounds)


This is really weird, but understandable...I think.  My weight is up (almost to what it was originally back in December).  I ate a lot this week, but I'm confident it'll go back down and stabilize around 170.  My resting heart rate was WAY UP THERE!  Today was 7 beats higher than last week and 4 beats higher than my baseline weeks and weeks ago.  What gives?  I think I was stressed about going to the dentist this morning.  My regular dental visits always seem to go OK (and today went fine too), but the underlying anxiety was clearly measurable in my raised "resting" heart rate.  Anyway, that's behind me.  The run itself seemed to be a stress reliever and went well.  Nothing fantastic, but slight improvements from last week and a nice overall gain from my baseline data.  I'm looking forward to next week's test run (with clean teeth and no anxiety). 

No comments: