Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 3: The Fog

Come on central Illinois, can't we have one nice cool, dry day?  I head to the trails on day 3 and can't see more than 1/10th of a mile.  The fog was thick and dense.  Isn't it fun to run with 100% humidity?  And the actual air temperature was around 70 degrees at 5am.  No looking across the meadows to see the next hill or spy a deer.  I could barely see 100 feet down the trail!  Oh well.  I managed only 12 miles...with the last 2 barefoot.  There was an upside...this was the first time I've seen 2 other runners going barefoot on these trails at the same time.  Pretty cool.  Obviously others have been reading "Born to Run."  Ending with 2 miles barefoot brought my feet alive.  I love that tingly warm feeling in the feet.  I'm falling a bit behind on my running goals for this week, but I'm close.

Day 3 Miles: 12 (80% of goal)
Week Total: 62 (95% on target)

No comments: