Friday, February 18, 2011

Make Today Precious

I was reading Zen Habits and saw this quote from the Dalai Lama:

Everyday, think as you wake up, ‘today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings, I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others, I am going to benefit others as much as I can.’

What are you doing today to benefit others?  How is today going to be precious?

Tony Mangan is running.  Like he did yesterday and will do tomorrow.  And the next day.  He's running around the world.  Will it make the world a better place?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  He is raising funds to fight depression and that's a good thing.  And he'll meet a lot of new people and share stories.  He'll give of himself...and he'll get good karma from others.  Maybe the world will be a little better while he is running. 

World Jog site

Fundraising Web Page

Why not do something good today?  Jog with Tony.  Donate a euro to his cause. Or go for a run by yourself and make yourself better.  Have kind thoughts.

No comments: