Thursday, October 27, 2011

Altra Instincts on the Way

A few weeks ago I ordered the Altra Instinct shoes in size 13.  They were too small. At the time they didn't have 14s...plus I thought they would be too big for me. Now 14s are available and the company wrote me back when I asked about 13 vs 14 sizing.  I'm confident that the 14s will be OK...maybe even perfect.  And for winter, even if they are slightly large, I can wear thicker socks. So, I placed my order a few minutes ago.  My Altra Instincts should be on their way soon!  I'm excited. Of course, I have only 2 days until my next ultramarathon--the McNotAgain 30 mile trail run in Pekin, IL this Saturday.  I'll probably go with my NB Trail Minimus this weekend. I'll have a race report this weekend...and a shoe review within a week or two.

5 comments:

David said...

Aahh, a fellow bigfooted minimalist runner. I wear a 14/14.5 shoe so my choices are very limited. I do fit the Merrell Trail Gloves and Terra Plana Evos but that's about it. The NB MT101s were too small in a 14, but am hoping that with the new last in the 110 I will be able to squeeze my little piggies into them. Racing flats don't exist in my size.

It seems that shoe companies think that people with my size feet need motion control shoes, but hopefully things are starting to change.

Chris Ⓥ said...

Hang in there David...we'll have more and more options in the future. Yeah, the 101s were too narrow. Trail Gloves are wide, but I want just a bit more protection for the longer trail ultras.

denalifc said...

Chris my friend: Good luck at McNuttyAgain or if you read this after, how did it go!! Cheers

(PS better have no footy chat for a while)

Ben S said...

I'm looking forward to your review. I got a slightly larger size myself and tie them with the lace locking technique and I have no problems. I prefer them without any insole. Good luck!

Chris Ⓥ said...

McNotAgain 30 miler is over--finished in 5:58. My feet are a bit sore. Looking forward to a new "ultra shoe" for these long races. Except for sore feet, sore joints, and sore muscles...I'm doing well!