Monday, June 11, 2012

Week in Review: June 4-10

This week was a little weird.  My wife headed off to Turkey for a work-related program. I thought being solo all week would let me run as much as I wanted. Well, I must not want much. I barely broke 40 miles! Lots of chips, salsa, and beer, but a little light on actual running. On the positive side, I got in a 13+ mile run and had over 40 total miles for the week...with no injuries. I would have been happier with 50 miles, but I'll take 40+ with no problems. Here are the basic statistics (as usual, these include my walking warm-up and cool-down sections, plus a bit of hill walking). No racing, no fancy trails.  Just basic running on local well-groomed trails. Two full days off...hard to run when you are stuffed with chips, salsa, and beer.

Count:5 Activities
Distance:40.97 mi
Max Distance:12.73 mi
Avg Distance:8.19 mi
Time:6:43:49 h:m:s
Avg Speed:6.1 mph
Max Speed:8.1 mph
Avg HR:126 bpm
Max HR:152 bpm
Avg Run Cadence:77 spm
Max Run Cadence:111 spm
Calories:5,225 C

This week will get even weirder.  I head out to Turkey, followed by Greece. Not sure how much running I'll do overseas. I'll bring shoes, shorts, and shirts...and an intention to run at least every other day for 3-5 miles. If I can simply maintain my current fitness, I'll be fine. After I return from vacation, I'll still have a solid 6-7 weeks of training before the Howl at the Moon 8-Hour. Plenty of time for long runs and solidifying a good aerobic foundation. I hope.

No comments: