Monday, June 4, 2018

Lake Mingo Trail Race

This weekend I'll be running the Lake Mingo trail race. This is the 20th year of the event. Can't remember how many I've done--but it was a few during the early years. Haven't raced this one in a long time. It should be a nice change. Tough hilly trails, likely with mud and standing water. It's only 7.1 miles. Good tempo/threshold type run. Race day forecast has showers and storms (and warm temps in the 80s). We all have the same crappy conditions. I'll run hard, but under control. It would be awesome to break 60 minutes. Not sure that will be possible. We'll see.

My goal race is the August Howl at the Moon 8-hour ultra. I suppose Lake Mingo does not really prepare me for 8 hours of running. But it will satisfy my need for speed and allow me to get in a little socializing with old friends. I also have a "Last Man Standing" run on July 14, plus a possible 1-mile race on July 22! Last Man makes perfect sense as training for Howl. That 1-mile race? If I can run one mile fast, I'm sure I can run 40+ miles slowly. Right?

Five days to Lake Mingo race. And 68 days to Howl.

No comments: