Thursday, December 6, 2018

Epic Run Streak Failure (again)

My Runners World Run Streak (Thanksgiving to New Years) has stopped. I did not run yesterday. My streak ended with 16 days. This is typical for me. My longest ever streak was 100 days. Many failed attempts at just 30 days (one month). Just these last few days I was thinking about how I would extend the streak beyond New Years Day--maybe to 50 days (from what would have been 44 days). And once you hit 50 days, why not all winter (until first day of spring)?  Once spring, why not...

Oh well. All plans are over. Streak stopped short and I'm happy. That's an advantage of getting older and wiser. The extra experience let's me put things in perspective and silly things (like a streak) don't worry me. I still want to be a long-term run streaker, but it's just not for me. And that is OK.

I ran this morning, so run streak "Day 1" has begun!

No comments: