Thursday, January 23, 2020

Riddle Run #21

Riddle Run in 2014. Tundra!
It's time for Riddle Run! The 21st annual version. This weekend is our local "fat ass" style ultra event. Specifically, 28 miles on Lake of the Woods trails. No wimps. No whining. No aid. No awards. No fees. No registration. No nothing...except friends running trails together. Simple. Like running was meant to be. No seriousness, all play. After all, it's just running. Maybe I'll wear my new Nike ZoomX Vaporfly Next% shoes and set a course record in the fresh snow? Or maybe not. Shoes don't make the runner anyway. Rain or snow, mud or ice, I'll be at the starting line for my 21st straight Riddle Run.

I have no set mileage goal this year. It's officially a 28-mile event, but people run whatever they want. It's a 4-mile trail loop. I'll probably run 12-16 miles. It would have to be a great weather day for me to run the full 28 miles. Forecast for Saturday is 30-32F with snow showers. I think 12 miles might be just fine!

No comments: