Thursday, November 27, 2008

Give Thanks


It's Thanksgiving so I should give thanks and appreciate what I have. I certainly am thankful for all the typical stuff (wife, friends, family, job, etc), but I am also sincerely thankful for all the runners that participate and volunteer at local races. Especially the Clinton Lake ultra! Without willing runners, volunteers, sponsors, and a club behind the race it wouldn't exist. So a big "thank you" to all of those connected with the race.

Registration has only been open one week and we already have 29 runners registered for the Clinton Lake 30-Mile Trail Run. Not too bad. I appreciate all the returning runners...lots of familiar names among the early registrants. And a few new names too...I hope you enjoy the race. That's a picture of the trail to the left--lots of leaves this time of year!

In addition to all the runners, a big thank you to all my current sponsors too (in order of their initial support for the race):

Second Wind Running Club
Marathon & Beyond
Body n' Sole Sports
Succeed! Sports Drink
BodyMechanic Fitness
Inov-8

Paper & online registration forms are available on the race web site. You can also keep track of current registered runners on my Google Docs spreadsheet. The "current registered" link (which goes to the Google Docs sheet) is also on the main race web site--in addition to lots of good information, maps, pictures, etc. As you check out my blog, also check out the official race web site.

No comments: