Friday, March 19, 2010

Marathon & Beyond

Marathon & Beyond magazine is awesome.  Yes, they are a sponsor of the Clinton Lake 30-Mile Trail Run, but I would heap praise on them even if they spit on my face...well, maybe not spitting, but you get the idea.  Good magazine and great staff!  Jan Seeley, M&B publisher, has supported Second Wind Running Club and the local running community for years and years.  You won't meet a nicer or more positive individual than Jan.  When I wanted to give up on getting this ultra off the ground, she was one of only a handful of people that kept saying "Hang in there, this will work out."  She was right.  Now the race is in its fourth year and going strong.  M&B is in its 14th year and going strong!  I have every issue of the magazine and plan on subscribing until I no longer run...and that'll be when I'm in my grave.  Racers get a mini-subscription to M&B (6 months, 3 issues).  I hope you enjoy the magazine and consider renewing for a full year term.

8 DAYS UNTIL THE RACE!  Current race-day weather forecast is high of 45 with clouds and a slight chance of an afternoon shower.

No comments: