Tuesday, September 27, 2011

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 = Not Much Running

Nine straight days of zeros in my running log. Not good. Ran a 50K trail race on September 18 (Evergreen Lake) and not a single mile since that date.  Came down with a cold the day after the race.  I'm sure it's related to stress at work combined with the stress of racing 31+ miles on trails in the rain. Oh well.  I'll be back. Maybe the time off will make me stronger and more motivated when I do run (and race) again.  Plan to run a slow 2-3 miles tomorrow.  I need to get "back on the horse" soon...I have another trail ultramarathon in 11 days! Farmdale Trail Run calls...and I will be ready.

I hope. I think. We'll see. Wish me well.

2 comments:

daddymigo said...

Hey little bro. I have 2 days in a row, pretty good for me. Maybe the yin/yang of it. Hang in there.

Chris Ⓥ said...

I'm trying. Odd that a little cold virus can make you feel so crappy. Not feverish or achy, just stuffed up (head and lungs).