Sunday, September 20, 2015

I Finished (sorta) the 2015 Barkley Fall Classic

Yesterday, I finished the 2015 Barkley Fall Classic "marathon" in 10:44. The race directors doubled Rat Jaw, added Testicle Spectacle, the Prison, and Deja Vu hill. They removed the easy Fodderstack trail out and back. Bird Mountain and Old North Mac trails were the same. I never got to Chimney Tops and Spicewood since I missed the 50K cut-off and only did the marathon. Even for the shorter marathon course, my Garmin GPS watch said 30+ miles and 10,000+ feet of elevation gain. I'd like to give a full and detailed race report...but what happens at Barkley, stays at Barkley. Doesn't matter. Photos and text would not capture what I saw during that 10 hours in the backwoods of Tennessee. You need to experience this event yourself. The end.

10 comments:

trice said...

So, you didn't die and weren't eaten. That's all I need to know. You succeeded, somewhat. Attaway.

trice said...

I want photos of blood and mud, cuts, bruises and all.

trice said...

Oh c'mon. Give me some text. Some blog this is.

trice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trice said...

"I'd like to give a full and detailed race report...but what happens at Barkley, stays at Barkley. Doesn't matter. Photos and text would not capture what I saw during that 10 hours in the backwoods of Tennessee." Bull roar. Spit it out.

trice said...

Never mind. I'll call you and bug you about it.

Chris Ⓥ said...

Riddle was there and SHOULD have been taking pictures. Gregg and I were "running." Crawling, scrambling, crying...

jar said...

Tom, I was there, but I NEVER saw them crawling, scrambling, or crying...heck I NEVER even saw them running....in fact they did not have any blood on them either. More than that, I only saw them at the mid- way point smiling and strolling thru the woods on a nice wide dirt path, drinking and eating up a storm....next thing I knew they were asleep in the car as I was driving them home!!

jeff

Chris Ⓥ said...

Hey, what happens at Barkley stays at Barkley! No gossip. My whole body is sore today...and itches--bug bites, poison ivy, and some briar cuts that are healing. Fun times for all!

Unknown said...

I like it (y) Inzanami