Friday, April 22, 2016

10 Years Without My Sister

My sister Sandy passed away on this date back in 2006 after a terrible car accident. Hard to believe it's been 10 years. I still miss her. Today, Earth Day, is not a celebration of her death, but rather a celebration of her life. Especially fiting since she enjoyed nature and the oudoors so much. I signed up for my favorite race today...Howl at the Moon 8-Hour ultra. What better way to celebrate life and healthy living? As usual, I always take this day off from work too--my personal holiday to remember my dear sister. At least now she has Prince for company. May they both rest in peace. 

So on this Earth Day, do your environmental responsibilities: reduce, recycle, reuse. And head out for a run. Remember your loved ones. And appreciate life. 

No comments: