Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thankful to be Back Running

On this fine Thanksgiving Day, I'm thankful to be back running. I twisted my ankle at the Tunnel Hill 50 Miler almost 2 weeks ago. Tried to run a couple of times after the race, but my ankle (and lower shin) were hurting. Swollen, sensitive, and achy. So I took a week off from running to let it heal. No difference. I went to the sports medicine clinic yesterday and they said it would be OK to run lightly and let pain be my guide. After running, they said to ice, elevate, and take ibuprofen to keep the inflammation under control. That's what I did this morning. The ankle hurt, but was manageable. It felt great to run again. A week off is too much. I'm thankful to be a runner again. A little slow and a bit wobbly, but a runner none-the-less.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

No comments: