Sunday, July 2, 2017

6 Month Running Summary Report

Six months flew by quickly. I remained injury-free and had no illness. Avoided all the colds and flu viruses in winter and spring. Pretty pleased with the overall statistics, but sad that I never ran more than 13.1 miles at one time. Only twelve runs of 10+ miles. Not exactly ultra training. In my defense, I didn't have any ultras in the first 6 months of the year. Here's my first half of 2017 summary report for running.

Count:139 Activities
Distance:762.85 mi
Max Distance:13.11 mi
Avg Distance:5.49 mi
Median Distance:5.01 mi
Time:119:17:58 h:m:s
Avg Speed:6.4 mph (9:23)
Avg HR:135 bpm
Calories:87,833 C
Elevation Gain:30,900 ft

I was concentrating on half-marathon training for the first 4 months, ran the Illinois Half-Marathon in late April, then no real focus for the last 2 months. It's time to re-focus and have a great 2nd half of the year. The month of July is going to be a "Month of Miles" for me. Lots of easy aerobic training with a goal of 200 miles for the month (weekly mileage something like this: 40-50-50-60). After 4 weeks of heavy miles, I'll taper for 10 days. This will set me up nicely for the August 12th Howl at the Moon 8-Hour race. I'm back to heart rate tracking and will try to keep my HR below 140 for all runs. Exception will be the next 4 Wednesdays when I do hill training. Speed work in disguise! Push up the hills and take it easy on the downside. My heart rate will peak fairly high running up hills in the sun, heat, and humidity of the central Illinois summer.

No comments: