Thursday, February 27, 2020

51 Days to the Marathon and BQ Attempt

I have 51 days until my BQ attempt at the Spring Chance to BQ.2 race in Geneva, IL on April 18. It's not looking good right now. I'm not trained for the distance. My longest run has been 16 miles. Total weekly mileage has settled around 25-30 miles. I hate Illinois winters! Much easier training in spring and summer for a fall marathon. With a good 7 weeks to go, I still have time for those long runs to do their magic. And my speed is there. I just need that stamina over the full distance. Can I maintain an 8:08 pace for 26.2 miles? Not today, but maybe in 51 days. Maybe. Hope springs eternal. Let's do this!

The hotel is booked, time off from work has been arranged, and I already have THE SHOES (Nike ZoomX Vaporfly Next%). Now, I only need to train. Yeah, train. Almost forgot. Looks like this weekend will be a long run. Hopefully the snow will be melted. If things do not go well on April 18, the same race organizers have a repeat event on September 12. That would be the last chance to BQ for Boston 2021.

No comments: