Monday, August 31, 2015

Keep Running

I have the biggest race of my "career" in less than three weeks (Barkley Fall Classic) and my last long runs have been terrible.  Howl at the Moon 8-Hour ultra turned into the 6-hour DNF (managed 30 miles, no more). This past wekeend, I went for a 20-mile trail run at Clinton Lake (hilly local trail), and managed to complete only 17 miles--I was beat. Totally dead. This does not bode well for my next hilly and humid trail race in TN.  I have limited endurance and the heat and humidity are killing me. So, what's a runner to do?  Run, that's what! Just keep running. I don't know why, but I need to just keep on running.

Time to simply bang my head, over and over, and keep on plugging away. Keep on running and I don't know why...

Seems like running has given me a pack of lies. Right now, I'm out of breath and out of time. Guess I'll keep running and see how Barkley Fall Classic unfolds.

It's tough when you love something, but it doesn't seem to love you back. Love's a bitch. Running is crazy. And if you love ultra running--that's even crazier. Why did I have to fall in love with "the Barkley."

No comments: