Thursday, January 4, 2018
Running Goals for 2018
Goals need to be specific, measurable, achievable, and time-bound.
My goals that I'd like to achieve before the end of 2018:
1. Run more than 1,500 miles.
2. Complete at least 24 long runs (10+ miles).
3. Don't take more than 2 consecutive days off from running.
4. Complete at least 2 ultra-marathons (>26.2 miles).
5. Have one run longer than 36.56 miles.
Basically, 2018 will be a year of consistent running that involves more miles including regular long runs and a couple of ultras. I'd like to set a personal best in the half-marathon (currently 1:32:35), but I cannot commit to that time goal. With more miles and long runs, that HM goal may take care of itself. Right? If not, at least I'll beat Joe at the Illinois half-marathon in April! And I'll beat Jeff and Gregg. And Mark and Nicole.