Sunday, June 9, 2019

Reebok Harmony Road 3 First Thoughts

I've gotten in two runs in my new Reebok Harmony Road 3 shoes (9 miles and 3 miles). They're very nice! The Harmony Road 3s are considered neutral cushioned shoes and that seems right. Extremely well cushioned with a soft breathable upper. The shoes are not lightweight (11.6 oz for mens 13), yet they feel light. No stability features, but the full rubber outsole prevents too much twisting. I imagine they'll be durable too. I bought my regular size 13 and they work fine (true to size). Seem to have a good lockdown in the heel and midfoot. Toebox is not wide, but not narrow either. I'd prefer just a little more width, but they are working fine. The biggest change for me was the 10mm drop from heel to toe. I usually run in 0-6mm drop shoes. I can feel the extra heel rise. Not sure if I like it or not. It does seem to encourage a faster pace, and it definitely has lots of heel cushioning. With more miles, and a real long run, I'll be able to comment more on the heel drop. My main two take-aways so far are: very responsive cushioning and a fast feel. Curious how they'll feel for tempo runs. And long runs. And races. Yep, I can see running in these for half or full marathons.

Never ran in Reeboks before. I'm impressed.

No comments: